UPSC IES/ISS Examination, 2023: – The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts the Indian Economic Service (IES) and Indian Statistical Service (ISS) Examination every year for recruitment to the posts of IES and ISS officers. The notification for the IES/ISS Examination 2023 has been released. The UPSC has released the notification for the 51 posts of IES and ISS for the year 2023. The online application process has started from 19 April 2023 and will end on 09 May 2023. This article will provide detailed information about the IES/ISS Examination 2023, including eligibility criteria, important dates, and how to apply for the exam.
|Department:||Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)|
|Exam:||Indian Economic Service (IES) Examination, 2023
Indian Statistical Service (ISS) Examination, 2023
|Total posts:||51 Posts.|
|Eligibility:||Graduation/ PG Degree. (Details Below)|
|Age Limit:||Between 21 to 30 years.|
|Apply Fee:||Rs.0/- to 200/-. (Details Below)|
|Last date:||09 May 2023.|
|Job Location:||All India.|
|Note:||All Indian (Male & Female) candidates can apply.|
UPSC IES/ISS Examination 2023: Vacancy Details –
Total Vacancy: – 51 Posts.
Name of post: –
(i) Indian Economic Service – 18 Posts.
(ii) Indian Statistical Service – 33 Posts.
UPSC IES/ISS Examination 2023: Eligibility Criteria: –
Minimum Educational Qualifications: –
- For Indian Economic Service (IES): – A candidate for the Indian Economic Service must have obtained a Post-Graduate Degree in Economics/Applied Economics/Business Economics/Econometrics from a University incorporated by of an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other Educational Institutes established by an Act Parliament or declared to be deemed as University under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 or a Foreign University approved by the Central Government from time to time.
- For Indian Statistical Service (ISS): – A candidate for the Indian Statistical Service must have obtained a Bachelor’s Degree with Statistics/Mathematical Statistics/Applied Statistics as one of the subject or a Master’s degree in Statistics/Mathematical Statistics/Applied Statistics from a University incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other Educational Institutes established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as University under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 or a Foreign University approved by the Central Government from time to time.
UPSC IES/ISS Exam 2023: Age Limit & Relaxation: –
Age Limit: – A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years on 1st August, 2023 i.e he/she must have been born not earlier than 2nd August, 1993 and not later than 1st August, 2002.
Age Relaxation: – The upper age-limit prescribed above will be relaxable as follows :—
- 05 years for SC/ST category candidates.
- 03 years for OBC category candidates.
- 10 years for Persons with Benchmark Disabilities category candidates.
UPSC IES/ISS Exam: Application fee – The application fee for the IES and ISS exams is Rs.200/- (Rupees Two Hundred only) for all male candidates belonging to the General and OBC category. However, female candidates, SC/ST candidates, and Persons with Benchmark Disability Candidates are exempted from paying the application fee. Candidates can pay the application fee either by remitting the money in any branch of State Bank of India or by using Visa/Master/ RuPay Credit/ Debit Card/UPI Payment or by using Internet Banking of any Bank.
UPSC IES/ISS Exam 2023: Selection Process: –
The selection process for IES and ISS comprises a written examination followed by an interview. The written exam consists of six papers, out of which, four papers are of economics and two papers are of statistics. The total marks of the written examination are 1000, and the interview carries 200 marks. The final merit list is prepared based on the candidate’s performance in the written exam and the interview.
Part I – Written examination carrying a maximum of 1000 marks in the subjects as shown below.
PENALTY FOR WRONG ANSWERS (In Objective Type Question Paper): –
Candidates should note that there will be penalty (Negative Marking) for wrong answers marked by a candidate in the Objective Type Question Paper.
Note-1: Statistics I & II will be of Objective Type Questions (80 questions with maximum marks of 200 in each paper) to be attempted in 120 minutes.
Note-2: Statistics III and IV will be of Descriptive Type having Short Answer/ Small Problems Questions (50%) and Long Answer and Comprehension problem questions (50%). At least one Short Answer and One Long Answer Question from each section is compulsory. In Statistics-IV, there will be SEVEN Sections in the paper. Candidates have to choose any TWO Sections out of them. All Sections will carry equal marks.
Note-3: The papers on General English and General Studies, common to both Indian Economic Service and Indian Statistical Service will be of subjective type.
Note-4: All other papers of Indian Economic Service will be of subjective type.
Note-5: The details of standard and syllabi for the examination are given in Section-II below.
Physical Standard: – Candidates must be physically fit according to physical standard for admission to Indian Economic Service/Indian Statistical Service Examination, 2023 as per Regulations given in Appendix III of the rules for the Indian Economic Service/Indian Statistical Service Examination, 2023 published in Gazette of India dated 19th April, 2023.
Note: – If you have any query regarding selection process then you must see the notification and read carefully.
How to apply: – The candidates can apply online application through the website https://www.upsc.gov.in/ from 19 April 2023 to 09 May 2023.
UPSC IES/ISS Examination 2023: Important Dates –
- Starting date for online application – 19 April 2023.
- Last date for online application – 09 May 2023.
- Last date for payment of fee (“Pay by cash” mode) – 08 May 2023.
- Last date for payment of fee (online) – 09 May 2023.
- Date of Examination – 23 June 2023.
UPSC IES/ISS Exam 2023: Official Notification –
Buy eBooks & PDF
About Union Public Service Commission (UPSC).
The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) is a constitutional body in India that conducts civil services examinations to select eligible candidates for various prestigious positions in the Indian administrative services, police services, foreign services, and other central services. It was established on October 1, 1926, and its headquarters are located in New Delhi, India.