UPSC CDS : Combined Defence Services Exam 2019 Notification – Apply online for CDSE (I) 2019
UPSC Combined Defence Services Exam 2019: – Union Public Services Commission (UPSC) has issued a notification for conducting the CDSE (I) 2019. If you are eligible candidate, then you can apply for CDS I Exam in online mode till 26 November 2018. Read more to know about the CDS Exam Vacancy Details, age limit, syllabus, exam date, date of joining and how to apply for UPSC Combined Defence Services Exam 2019. In this news we have also focused on CDS Exam Eligibility Criteria and CDS Exam Selection Process.
UPSC Combined Defence Services Exam 2019 will be conducted to select potential officers in the Indian Army, Indian Air Force and Indian Navy. The candidates selected in the CDS I Exam will undergo training in IMA, AFA, INA or OTA as applicable. After successful training they will be inducted as officers.
CDS I Exam registration has opened on 31 October 2018. This exam is conducted two times every year. There are special provisions for reservation of NCC ‘C’ Certificate holders in the UPSC Combined Defence Services Exam 2019. It is called so because the recruited officers go into the three branches on Indian Defence Forces.
This job is highly prestigious and promising as you get commissioned as an Officer. It gets a place in the Indian gazette published from time to time. Moreover it is an adventurous career with a large number of opportunities. Because of havy competition, you have to prepare this CSC exam.
Department:-Union Public Services Commission.
Post: – Commissioned Officer.
Total posts:- 417 posts.
Eligibility: – Graduation Degree.
Exam fee:-Rs.200 for General/OBC Candidates.
Location: – All India.
Last date: – 26 November 2018.
Exam date:-03 February 2019.
Age limit: – 20 to 24 years.
CDS Exam Vacancy Details: –
Total Vacancy: – 417 posts.
Name of post: – Commissioned Officer.
1) Indian Military Academy, Dehradun – 100 posts.
2) Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala – 45 posts.
3) Air Force Academy, Hyderabad – 32 posts.
4) Officers Training Academy, Chennai – Men – 225 posts.
5) Officers Training Academy, Chennai – Women – 15 posts.
CDS Exam Eligibility Criteria: –
Nationality: – The candidate should be a citizen of India holding a valid identity card and A candidate must be unmarried. Candidates not having Indian citizenship should see the detailed CDS Exam Eligibility Criteria in the notification. The link for the same has been provided on this page.
Eligibility: – Candidates should have graduation degree from a recognized university or institute in streams as specified below.
- For IMA and Officers Training Academy— Graduation degree in any discipline.
- Indian Naval Academy – Degree in Engineering.
- Air Force Academy—Graduation degree in any stream (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering.
Age limit: –
- For Indian Military Academy Unmarried male candidate born not earlier than 2 January, 1996 and
not later than 1st January, 2001 only are eligible.
- For Indian Naval Academy—Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than
2nd January, 1996 and not later than 1st January, 2001 only are eligible. .
- For Air Force Academy— 20 to 24 years as on 1st January, 2020 i.e. born not earlier than 2nd January, 1996 and not later than 1st January, 2000.
- For Officers’ Training Academy—(SSC Course for men) unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd January, 1995 and not later than 1st January, 2001 only are eligible.
- For Officers’ Training Academy—(SSC Women Non-Technical Course) Unmarried women, issueless widows who have not remarried and issueless divorcees (in possession of divorce documents) who have not remarried are eligible. They should have been born not earlier than 2nd January, 1995 and not later than 1st January,
Application fee: – An application fee of Rs.200 will be charged from all the candidates for CDSE (I) 2019. Applicants belonging to SC/ ST/Female category are exempted from paying fee.
Mode of payment: – Candidates can pay CDS I Exam fee either by depositing the money in any branch of SBI by cash, or by using net banking facility. You may pay fee through SBI, State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur or State Bank of Hyderabad or State Bank of Mysore or State Bank of Patiala or State Bank of Travancore or by using Visa/ Master/ Credit/ Debit Card.
CDS I Exam Selection Process: –
Selection Process: – Candidates of CDS I will be selected on the basis of a competitive written examination, Physical Efficiency Tests and subsequently an interview. The written examination will be an objective type test of 300 marks. It will have three papers of 100 marks each, so please see carefully.
- English – 100 marks.
- General Knowledge – 100 marks
- Elementary Mathematics – 100 marks
Each paper will be of two hours duration. All the three papers of CDS I exam will be conducted in one day. Those who clear the sectional and overall cutoff will have to appear in the SSB interview. Consequently a final merit list of successful candidates will be prepared. Candidates who are finally found fit after a medical examination will resume training on specified dates.
Penalty for wrong Answers:- There are four alternatives for the answer to every question. For each
question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate. One third (0.33) of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty.
Physical Standards for Candidates for Combined Defence Services Examination:- The minimum acceptable height for male candidates is 157.5 cms. (157 cms for Navy and 162.5 cms for Air Force). For Women candidates minimum acceptable height is 152 cms. For Gorkhas and individuals belonging to hills of North-Eastern region of India, Garhwali and Kumaon, the Minimum acceptable height will be 5 cms less. In case of candidates from Lakshadweep, the minimum acceptable height can be reduced by 2 cms.
How to apply: – Candidates should apply online on website https://upsconline.nic.in along with scanned images of latest photograph and signature.
Important dates for CDSE (I) 2019: –
- Starting of online application – 31 October 2018.
- Last date to submit online application –26 November 2018.
- Last date for Payment of Fee by Challan : 15 November 2018.
- Date of Written Exam – 03 February 2019.
About UPSC Combined Defence Services Exam 2019
The Combined Defence Services Examination (CDS) is conducted twice a year by the Union Public Service Commission for recruitment into the Indian Military Academy, officers Training Academy, Indian Naval Academy and Indian Air Force Academy. The Notification for the examination is usually released in the months of October and June, and the examinations are conducted in February and November respectively. Only unmarried graduates are eligible to sit for the exam. Successful candidates are admitted into the respective Academies after an interview conducted by the Services Selection Board (SSB).