UPSC CDS : Combined Defence Services Exam 2017 Notification – Apply online for CDSE (I) 2018
UPSC Combined Defence Services Exam 2017: – Union Public Services Commission (UPSC) has issued a notification for conducting the CDSE (I) 2017. If you are eligible candidate, then you can apply for CDS I Exam in online mode till 04 December 2017. Read more to know about the CDS Exam Vacancy Details, age limit, syllabus, exam date, date of joining and how to apply for UPSC Combined Defence Services Exam 2017. In this news we have also focused on CDS Exam Eligibility Criteria and CDS Exam Selection Process.
UPSC Combined Defence Services Exam 2017 will be conducted to select potential officers in the Indian Army, Indian Air Force and Indian Navy. The candidates selected in the CDS I Exam will undergo training in IMA, AFA, INA or OTA as applicable. After successful training they will be inducted as officers.
CDS I Exam registration will be opened on 04 December 2017. This exam is conducted two times every year. There are special provisions for reservation of NCC ‘C’ Certificate holders in the UPSC Combined Defence Services Exam 2017. It is called so because the recruited officers go into the three branches on Indian Defence Forces.
This job is highly prestigious and promising as you get commissioned as an Officer. It gets a place in the Indian gazette published from time to time. Moreover it is an adventurous career with a large number of opportunities. Because of havy competition, you have to prepare this CSC exam.
Post: – Commissioned Officer.
Eligibility: – Graduation Degree.
Location: – All India.
Last date: – 04 December 2017.
Age limit: – 20 to 24 years.
Notification number:- 2/2018.CDS-I
CDS Exam Vacancy Details: –
Total Vacancy: – 414 posts.
Name of post: – Commissioned Officer.
1) Indian Military Academy, Dehradun – 100 posts.
2) Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala – 45 posts.
3) Air Force Academy, Hyderabad – 32 posts.
4) Officers Training Academy, Chennai – Men – 225 posts.
5) Officers Training Academy, Chennai – Women – 12 posts.
CDS Exam Eligibility Criteria: –
Nationality: – The candidate should be a citizen of India holding a valid identity card. Candidates not having Indian citizenship should see the detailed CDS Exam Eligibility Criteria in the advertisement. The link for the same has been provided on this page.
Eligibility: – Candidates should have graduation degree from a recognized university or institute in streams as specified below.
- For IMA and Officers Training Academy— Graduation degree in any discipline.
- Indian Naval Academy – Degree in Engineering.
- Air Force Academy—Graduation degree in any stream (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering.
Age limit: –
- For Indian Military Academy candidate should have been born between 02 January 1995 and 01 January 2000.
- Indian Naval Academy aspiring candidate should have been born between 02 January 1995 and 01 January 2000.
- For Air Force Academy candidate should have been born between 02 January 1995 and 01 January 1999. Relaxation
- Male candidates aspiring for OTA Chennai should have been born between 02 January 1994 and 01 January 2000.
- Female candidates aspiring for OTA Chennai should have been born between 02 January 1994 and 01 January 2000.
Application fee: – An application fee of Rs 200 will be charged from all the candidates for CDSE (I) 2017. Applicants belonging to SC/ ST category are exempted from paying fee.
Mode of payment: – Candidates can pay CDS I Exam fee either by depositing the money in any branch of SBI by cash, or by using net banking facility. You may pay fee through SBI, State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur or State Bank of Hyderabad or State Bank of Mysore or State Bank of Patiala or State Bank of Travancore or by using Visa/ Master/ Credit/ Debit Card.
CDS I Exam Selection Process: –
Selection Process: – Candidates of CDS I will be selected on the basis of a competitive written examination and subsequently an interview. The written examination will be an objective type test of 300 marks. It will have three papers of 100 marks each, so please see carefully.
- English – 100 marks.
- General Knowledge – 100 marks
- Elementary Mathematics – 100 marks
Each paper will be of two hours duration. All the three papers of CDS I exam will be conducted in one day. Those who clear the sectional and overall cutoff will have to appear in the SSB interview. Consequently a final merit list of successful candidates will be prepared. Candidates who are finally found fit after a medical examination will resume training on specified dates.
Date and centre of examination: – The examination will be held at the following centers- Agartala, Ahmadabad, Aizwal, Allahabad, Bangalore, Bareilly, Bhopal, Chandigarh, Chennai, Cuttack, Dehradun, Delhi, Dharwad, Dispur, Gangtok, Hyderabad, Imphal, Itanagar, Jaipur, Jammu, Jorhat, Kochi, Kohima, Kolkata, Lucknow, Madurai, Mumbai, Nagpur, Panaji (Goa), Patna, Port Blair, Raipur, Ranchi, Sambalpur, Shillong, Shimla, Srinagar, Thiruvananthapuram, Tirupati, Udaipur and Visakhapatnam.
How to apply: – Candidates should apply online on website https://upsconline.nic.in along with scanned images of latest photograph and signature.
Important dates for CDSE (I) 2017: –
- Starting of online application – 08 November 2017.
- Last date to submit online application –04 December 2017.
- Last Date for Submission of Application Fee at bank : 03 December 2017.
About UPSC Combined Defence Services Exam 2017
The Combined Defence Services Examination (CDS) is conducted twice a year by the Union Public Service Commission for recruitment into the Indian Military Academy, officers Training Academy, Indian Naval Academy and Indian Air Force Academy. The Notification for the examination is usually released in the months of October and June, and the examinations are conducted in February and November respectively. Only unmarried graduates are eligible to sit for the exam. Successful candidates are admitted into the respective Academies after an interview conducted by the Services Selection Board (SSB).