UPSC CDS: Combined Defence Services Exam 2020 Notification – Apply online for CDSE (I) 2020
|UPSC CDS I, 2020: – Union Public Services Commission (UPSC) has issued a notification for conducting the CDSE (I) 2020. If you are eligible candidate, then you can apply for CDS I Exam in online mode till 19th November 2019. Read more to know about the CDS Exam Vacancy Details, age limit, syllabus, exam date, date of joining and how to apply for UPSC Combined Defence Services Exam I 2020. In this news we have also focused on CDS Exam Eligibility Criteria and CDS Exam Selection process.
|Department:||Union Public Services Commission (UPSC).|
|Posts:||Commissioned Officer (CDS I, 2020 Exam)|
|Total posts:||418 Posts.|
|Age Limit:||18 to 23 years (for Army & Navy), 20 to 24 Years (for Air Force).|
|Apply Fee:||Rs.200/- for GEN/OBC & No Fee for SC/ST/Female candidate.|
|Last date:||19 November 2019.|
|Salary:||Rs.56,100/- to 2,50,500/- per month.|
|Job Location:||All Indian.|
|Note:||Male & Female candidates can apply.|
Vacancy details of UPSC CDS-I, 2020 Recruitment: –
Total Vacancy: – 418 Posts.
Name of post: – Commissioned Officer.
1) Indian Military Academy, Dehradun – 100 posts.
2) Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala – 45 posts.
3) Air Force Academy, Hyderabad – 32 posts.
4) Officers Training Academy, Chennai – Men – 225 posts.
5) Officers Training Academy, Chennai – Women – 16 posts.
Eligibility Criteria for UPSC CDS-I, 2020 Recruitment: –
Nationality: – The candidate should be a citizen of India holding a valid identity card and A candidate must be unmarried. Candidates not having Indian citizenship should see the detailed CDS Exam Eligibility Criteria in the notification. The link for the same has been provided on this page.
Educational Qualifications: –
- For I.M.A. and Officers’ Training Academy, Chennai — Degree of a recognised University or equivalent.
- For Indian Naval Academy—Degree in Engineering from a recognised University/Institution.
- For Air Force Academy—Degree of a recognised University (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering.
Age limit: –
- For IMA—Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd January, 1997 and not later than 1st January, 2002 only are eligible.
- For Indian Naval Academy—Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd January, 1997 and not later than 1st January, 2002 only are eligible.
- For Air Force Academy— 20 to 24 years as on 1st January, 2021 i.e. born not earlier than 2nd January, 1997 and not later than 1st January, 2001.
- For Officers’ Training Academy—(SSC Course for men) unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd January, 1996 and not later than 1st January, 2002 only are eligible.
- For Officers’ Training Academy—(SSC Women Non-Technical Course) Unmarried women, issueless widows who have not remarried and issueless divorcees (in possession of divorce documents) who have not remarried are eligible. They should have been born not earlier than 2nd January, 1996 and not later than 1st January, 2002.
Application fee: – An application fee of Rs.200 will be charged from all the candidates for CDSE (I)2020. Applicants belonging to SC/ ST/Female category are exempted from paying fee.
Mode of payment: – Candidates (excepting Female/SC/ST candidates who are exempted from payment of fee) are required to pay a fee of Rs. 200/- (Rupees Two Hundred Only) either by depositing the money in any Branch of SBI by cash, or by using net banking facility of State Bank of India or by using Visa/Master/Rupay Credit/Debit Card.
CDS I Exam Selection Process: –
Selection Process: – Candidates of CDS I will be selected on the basis of a competitive written examination, Physical Efficiency Tests and subsequently an interview. The written examination will be an objective type test of 300 marks. It will have three papers of 100 marks each, so please see carefully.
Each paper will be of two hours duration. All the three papers of CDS I exam will be conducted in one day. Those who clear the sectional and overall cutoff will have to appear in the SSB interview. Consequently a final merit list of successful candidates will be prepared. Candidates who are finally found fit after a medical examination will resume training on specified dates.
Penalty for wrong Answers: – Candidates should note that there will be penalty (Negative Marking) for wrong answers marked by a candidate in the Objective Type Question Papers.
Note: – If you have any query regarding selection process then you must see the notification and read carefully.
How to apply: – The candidates can apply online application through the website https://upsc.gov.in/ from 30 October 2019 to 19 November 2019.
Important dates for UPSC CDS-I, 2020 Vacancy: –
- Starting date for online application – 30 October 2019.
- Last date for online application – 19 November 2019.
- Last date for payment fee – 19 November 2019.
- Admit Card Available – January 2020.
- Date of Written Exam – 02 February 2020.
Official Notification for UPSC CDS-I, 2020 Vacancy: –
About UPSC CDS Exam-I, 2020
The Combined Defence Services Examination (CDS) is conducted twice a year by the Union Public Service Commission for recruitment into the Indian Military Academy, officers Training Academy, Indian Naval Academy and Indian Air Force Academy.