|UPSC CDS II Recruitment 2021: – Union Public Services Commission (UPSC) has issued a notification for conducting the CDSE (II) 2021. If you are eligible candidate, then you can apply for CDS II Exam in online mode till 24th August 2021. Read more to know about the CDS Exam Vacancy Details, age limit, syllabus, exam date, date of joining and how to apply for UPSC Combined Defence Services Exam II 2021. In this news we have also focused on CDS Exam Eligibility Criteria and CDS Exam Selection process.
|Department:||Union Public Service Commission (UPSC).|
|Posts:||Combined Defence Services Examination CDS (II), 2021|
|Total posts:||339 Posts.|
|Eligibility:||(Graduation/ Engineering) Degree.|
|Age Limit:||(Details Below)|
|Apply Fee:||Rs.200/- for Gen/OBC & No Fee for female/ST/ST candidates.|
|Last date:||24th August 2021.|
|Job Location:||All India.|
|Note:||Male & Female candidates can apply.|
Vacancy details of UPSC CDS II Exam 2021: –
Total Vacancy: – 339 Posts.
Name of post: – Combined Defence Services Examination CDS (II), 2021.
1) Indian Military Academy, Dehradun – 100 posts.
2) Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala – 22 posts.
3) Air Force Academy, Hyderabad – 32 posts.
4) Officers Training Academy, Chennai – Men – 169 posts.
5) Officers Training Academy, Chennai – Women – 16 posts.
Eligibility Criteria for UPSC CDS II Exam 2021: –
- For I.M.A. and Officers’ Training Academy, Chennai — Degree of a recognized University or equivalent.
- For Indian Naval Academy—Degree in Engineering from a recognized University/Institution.
- For Air Force Academy—Degree of a recognised University (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering.
Age Limit: –
- For IMA — Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd July, 1998 and not later than 1st July, 2003 only are eligible.
- For Indian Naval Academy — Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd July, 1998 and not later than 1st July, 2003 only are eligible.
- For Air Force Academy — 20 to 24 years as on 1st July 2022 i.e. born not earlier than 2nd July, 1998 and not later than 1st July, 2002 (Upper age limit for candidates holding valid and current Commercial Pilot Licence issued by DGCA (India) is relaxable upto 26 yrs. i.e. born not earlier than 2nd July, 1996 and not later than 1st July, 2002 only are eligible.
- For Officers’ Training Academy— (SSC Course for men) unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd July, 1997 and not later than 1st July, 2003 only are eligible.
- For Officers’ Training Academy — (SSC Women Non-Technical Course) Unmarried women, issueless widows who have not remarried and issueless divorcees (in possession of divorce documents) who have not remarried are eligible. They should have been born not earlier than 2nd July, 1997 and not later than 1st July, 2003.
Mode of Payment: – Candidates (excepting Female/SC/ST candidates who are exempted from payment of fee) are required to pay a fee of Rs. 200/- (Rupees Two Hundred Only) either by depositing the money in any Branch of SBI by cash, or by using net banking facility of State Bank of India or by using Visa/Master/Rupay Credit/Debit Card.
Selection Process: – Candidates of CDS I will be selected on the basis of a competitive written examination, Physical Efficiency Tests and subsequently an interview. The written examination will be an objective type test of 300 marks. It will have three papers of 100 marks each, so please see carefully.
Each paper will be of two hours duration. All the three papers of CDS II exam will be conducted in one day. Those who clear the sectional and overall cutoff will have to appear in the SSB Interview. Consequently, a final merit list of successful candidates will be prepared, Candidates who are finally found fit after a medical examination will resume training on specified dates.
Height and Weight: – The height requirement varies according to the stream of admission. According to the given notification, the weight should be in proportion to the height. (Check the notification for more details).
Medical Standards: – Medical standards described in the following paragraphs are general guidelines. They are not exhaustive in view of the vast knowledge of disease. These standards are subject to change with advancement in the scientific knowledge and change in working conditions of Armed Forces due to introduction of new eqpt/trades. Such changes will be promulgated from time to time by policy letters by competent authorities. Medical Officers, Spl Medical Officers and Medical Boards will take appropriate decisions based on following guidelines and principles.
PENALITY FOR WRONG ANSWERS: – Candidates should note that there will be penalty (Negative Marking) for wrong answers marked by a candidate in the Objective Type Question Papers.
Note: – If you have any query regarding selection process then you must see the notification and read carefully.
How to apply: – The candidates can apply online application through the website https://upsc.gov.in/ from 04 August 2021 to 24 August 2021.
Important dates for UPSC CDS II Exam 2021: –
- Starting date for online application – 04 August 2021.
- Last date for online application – 24 August 2021.
- Last date for payment of fee – 24 August 2021.
- Last date for withdrawn application – 31 August 2021.
- Date of Written Exam – 14 November 2021.
Official Notification for UPSC CDS II Exam 2021: –
Buy eBooks & PDF
About UPSC CDS Examination.
The Combined Defence Services Examination (abbreviated as CDS Exam) is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission for recruitment of Commissioned Officers in the Indian Military Academy, Officers Training Academy, Indian Naval Academy and Indian Air Force Academy. The Notification for the examination is usually released in the months of October and June, and the examinations are conducted in February and November respectively. Only unmarried graduates are eligible to sit for the exam. Examination is conducted twice a year. Successful candidates are admitted into the respective Academies after an interview conducted by the Services Selection Board (SSB).