|UPSC CDS I Examination 2023: – Union Public Services Commission (UPSC) has issued a notification for conducting the CDSE (I) 2023. If you are eligible candidate, then you can apply for CDS I Exam in online mode till 10th January 2023. Read more to know about the CDS Exam Vacancy Details, age limit, syllabus, exam date, date of joining and how to apply for UPSC Combined Defence Services Exam I 2023. In this news we have also focused on CDS Exam Eligibility Criteria and CDS Exam Selection process.
|Department:||Union Public Service Commission (UPSC).|
|Exam:||Combined Defence Services Examination CDS (I), 2023|
|Total posts:||341 Posts.|
|Eligibility:||(Graduation / Engineering) Degree.|
|Age Limit:||(Details Below).|
|Apply Fee:||Rs.200/- for Gen/OBC & No fee for all Females /SC/ST candidates.|
|Last date:||10th January 2023.|
|Job Location:||All Indian.|
|Note:||All Indian (male & female) candidates can apply.|
Vacancy details of UPSC CDS I Examination 2023: –
Total Vacancy: – 341 Posts.
Name of post: – Combined Defence Services Examination CDS (I), 2023.
1) Indian Military Academy, Dehradun – 100 posts.
2) Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala – 22 posts.
3) Air Force Academy, Hyderabad – 32 posts.
4) Officers Training Academy, Chennai (Men) – 170 posts.
5) Officers Training Academy, Chennai (Women) – 17 posts.
Eligibility Criteria for UPSC CDS I Examination 2023: –
- For I.M.A. and Officers’ Training Academy, Chennai — Degree of a recognized University or equivalent.
- For Indian Naval Academy—Degree in Engineering from a recognized University/Institution.
- For Air Force Academy—Degree of a recognised University (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Degree of Engineering.
Age Limit: –
- For IMA —Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd January, 2000 and not later than 1st January, 2005 only are eligible.
- For Indian Naval Academy —Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd January, 2000 and not later than 1st January, 2005 only are eligible.
- For Air Force Academy — 20 to 24 years as on 1st January, 2024 i.e. born not earlier than 2nd January, 2000 and not later than 1st January, 2004 (Upper age limit for candidates holding valid and current Commercial Pilot Licence issued by DGCA (India) is relaxable upto 26 yrs. i.e. born not earlier than 2nd January, 1998 and not later than 1st January, 2004 only are eligible.
- For Officers’ Training Academy — (SSC Course for men) unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd January, 1999 and not later than 1st January, 2005 only are eligible.
- For Officers’ Training Academy — (SSC Women Non-Technical Course) Unmarried women, issueless widows who have not remarried and issueless divorcees (in possession of divorce documents) who have not remarried are eligible. They should have been born not earlier than 2nd January, 1999 and not later than 1st January, 2005.
Application fee: – Candidates (excepting Female/SC/ST candidates who are exempted from payment of fee) are required to pay a fee of Rs.200/- (Rupees Two Hundred Only) either by depositing the money in any Branch of SBI by cash, or by using net banking facility of State Bank of India or by using Visa/Master/Rupay Credit/Debit Card.
Selection Process: – Candidates of CDS Exam I 2022 will be selected on the basis of a competitive written examination, Physical Efficiency Tests and subsequently an interview.
Written Exam: –
Penalty for wrong answer: – Candidates should note that there will be penalty (Negative Marking) for wrong answers marked by a candidate in the Objective Type Question Papers.
Physical Standards: – Candidates must be physically fit according to physical standards for admission to Combined Defence Services Examination (I), 2023 as per guidelines given in Appendix-IV.
Medical Standards: – Medical standards described in the following paragraphs are general guidelines. They are not exhaustive in view of the vast knowledge of disease. These standards are subject to change with advancement in the scientific knowledge and change in working conditions of Armed Forces due to introduction of new eqpt/trades. Such changes will be promulgated from time to time by policy letters by competent authorities. Medical Officers, Spl Medical Officers and Medical Boards will take appropriate decisions based on following guidelines and principles.
Note: – If you have any query regarding selection process then you must see the notification and read carefully.
How to apply: – The candidates can apply online application through the website https://www.upsc.gov.in/ OR https://upsconline.nic.in/mainmenu2.php to 10th January 2023.
Important dates for UPSC CDS I Examination 2023: –
- The Online Application can be filled upto 10th January, 2023 till 6:00 PM.
- The Online Application can be withdrawn from 18.01.2023 to 24.01.2023 till 6.00 PM.
Official Notification for UPSC CDS I Examination 2023: –
Click here for recruitment notification.
Click here for online application.
Buy eBooks & PDF
About UPSC CDS Examination.
The Combined Defence Services Examination (abbreviated as CDS Exam) is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission for recruitment of Commissioned Officers in the Indian Military Academy, Officers Training Academy, Indian Naval Academy and Indian Air Force Academy. The Notification for the examination is usually released in the months of October and June, and the examinations are conducted in February and November respectively. Only unmarried graduates are eligible to sit for the exam. Examination is conducted twice a year. Successful candidates are admitted into the respective Academies after an interview conducted by the Services Selection Board (SSB).