SSC CGL Recruitment Update : The Staff Selection Commission has conducted the SSC CGL exam, 2016 in the Computer Based Mode in 43 Batches from 27.08.2016 to 11.09.2016 at about 415 venues in 96 cities throughout the country. Against 38.04 lakh registered candidates, about 14.99 lakh candidates actually appeared in the said Examination.
SSC CGL Re-exam Update : SSC Will re-exam of one shift
- Due to administrative reasons, the Commission has decided to conduct a re-examination for one Shift i.e. the Second Shift (Batch-II) of the CGL Tier-I which was held at 4.15 PM – 5.30 PM on 27.08.2016.
- This SSC CGL re-exam will be conducted only for those candidates who had actually appeared in Batch-II on 27.08.2016.
- The tentative date for SSC CGL re exam is 27.10.2016. Further details in this regard will be intimated to the candidates separately in due course.
SSC CGL Result Update : The result for SSC CGL (Tier-I)-2016, in context of the revised schedule of the examination, is tentatively proposed to be declared on 08.11.2016.
SSC CGL Tire 2 exam Date Update : SSC CGL (Tier 2) 2016 would be tentatively held on 30.11.2016 to 02.12.2016. The firm dates would be declared very shortly.
SSC CGL re-exam official notification – Click Here
Scheme of SSC CGL exam (Pattern)
Tire 1 Exam Pattern : The exam will consist of the following four sections:
- General Intelligence & Reasoning (25 questions)
- General Awareness (25 questions)
- Quantitative Aptitude (25 questions)
- English Comprehension (25 questions)
- This year, the commission has introduced a Descriptive Paper of English/Hindi as Tier – III. The
- candidates will have the option to choose any one medium.
Tier-II Exam Pattern of the SSC CGL 2016
Exam will be Same as published in the first notice of the Examination: These are Objective Type Multiple Choice.
- Paper-I & II are compulsory for all the categories of posts.
- Paper-III is only for those candidates who apply for the post of Statistical Investigator Gr.II & Compiler.
- Paper IV is only for those candidates who apply for the post of Assistant Audit Officer.
Tier: III Exam Pattern : Mode of examination: Pen and Paper mode
This year, the commission has introduced a Descriptive Paper of English/Hindi as Tier – III. The candidates will have the option to choose any one medium.
Negative marking: There will be negative marking of 0.50 for each wrong answer in Tier-I.
In Tier-II, there will be negative marking of 0.25 marks in Paper-II and 0.50 marks in Paper-I and Paper-III for each wrong answer.
(हिन्दी में जानकारी के लिए यहां click करें)
ssc cgl tentative vacancies 2016 : Staff Selection Commission has released tentative vacancy details of SSC CGL 2016 vacancy. Total number of posts is only 4200. The number of vacancies are classified under different departments for different categories. This vacancy number is not large. But there were 9281 vacancies in 2015, 19000 vacancies in 2012, 12500 in 2011 & 8000 in 2010.
Here is the posts wise break up of vacancies. For complete List of posts, applicants are advised to Download the official PDF as given below.
SSC CGL 2016 Vacancy : Tentative List
- Assistant Audit Officer Group B: 1000
- Auditor: 200
- Assistant Section Officer: 112
- Assistant: 20
- Inspector of Income Tax: 324
- Asstt. Enforcement Officer: 78
- Sub Inspectors: 91
- Inspector: 106
- Accountant: 150
- Statical Investigator Gr.-II: 196
- Accountant/Junior Accountant: 1090
- UDC: 160
- Tax Assistant: 659
- Sub-Inspector(Narcotics): 14
To view the Detailed tentative Vacancy for SSC CGL 2016 Exam, click here.
Official notice of SSC CGL exam date & Syllabus direct link here.
How Fill SSC CGL 2016 Online Application – Steps with Images – Click here
Staff Selection Commission conducts examinations & selects candidates for vacancies in central govt departments including ministries. Qualifying in these tests shall open up more opportunities for young graduates in government sector.