SSC CGL Recruitment 2017 Update & CGL tier 1 result : The Staff Selection Commission will conduct the SSC CGL exam 2017 for recruiting candidates for various Group B & C posts. The notification for the SSC CGL 2017 exam will be officially released on 11 March 2017. The tier 1 of the SSC CGL 2017 exam will be conducted between 19 June to 02 July 2017. Check complete schedule here. SSC CGL 2016 Tier 2 exam date here.
It would be an online computer based test. Click here to take practice tests. The exam will be conducted in multiple stages. Click here for study plan material. It is likely to be conducted at about 415 venues in 96 cities throughout the country. About 40 lakh candidates are expected to apply for the SSC CGL 2017 exam. Click here to know online application steps. The main points of the statement released by SSC are as follows.
- Attention of aspirants of CGLE 2017 is invited to the instructions of DoPT contained in their OM No. 14017/70/87-Estt. (RR) dated 14.7.1988 specifying the provisions for determining the crucial datefor calculation of Age and Educational Qualification for a Competitive Examination held by Staff Selection Commission as per the schedule of the Tier-II/Mains/Second Part of the Examination for that particular year.
- So considering the schedule of CGLE 2017 available on the website of the Commission and the above DoPT’s instructions, the crucial date for reckoning of age calculation for CGLE 2017 would be 01.08.2017 and no further change in this date would be made.
- Detailed information with respect to notification of CGLE 2017 will be made available on the website of the Commission as per prescribed schedule.
To read the pre-notice of SSC CGL 2017 Exam, click here
SSC CGL Result Update : The result of SSC CGL (Tier-I)-2016 has been declared on 08.11.2016. Check your result here.
SSC CGL Result (see your Tier 1 marks below)
|Sr No||SSC CGL Tier 1 marks (Region-wise)|
|10||Not Evaluated Candidates|
SSC CGL Tire 2 exam Date Update : The dates of SSC CGL (Tier 2) 2016 exam have been released. Details of the same are given below. Click here to download admit card.
Scheme of SSC CGL exam (Pattern)
Tire 1 Exam Pattern : The exam will consist of the following four sections:
- General Intelligence & Reasoning (25 questions)
- General Awareness (25 questions)
- Quantitative Aptitude (25 questions)
- English Comprehension (25 questions)
- This year, the commission has introduced a Descriptive Paper of English/Hindi as Tier – III. The
- candidates will have the option to choose any one medium.
Tier-II Exam Pattern of the SSC CGL 2016
Exam will be Same as published in the first notice of the Examination: These are Objective Type Multiple Choice.
- Paper-I & II are compulsory for all the categories of posts.
- Paper-III is only for those candidates who apply for the post of Statistical Investigator Gr.II & Compiler.
- Paper IV is only for those candidates who apply for the post of Assistant Audit Officer.
Tier: III Exam Pattern : Mode of examination: Pen and Paper mode
This year, the commission has introduced a Descriptive Paper of English/Hindi as Tier – III. The candidates will have the option to choose any one medium.
Negative marking: There will be negative marking of 0.50 for each wrong answer in Tier-I.
In Tier-II, there will be negative marking of 0.25 marks in Paper-II and 0.50 marks in Paper-I and Paper-III for each wrong answer.
ssc cgl tentative vacancies 2016 : Staff Selection Commission has released tentative vacancy details of SSC CGL 2016 vacancy. Total number of posts is only 4200. The number of vacancies are classified under different departments for different categories. This vacancy number is not large. But there were 9281 vacancies in 2015, 19000 vacancies in 2012, 12500 in 2011 & 8000 in 2010.
Here is the posts wise break up of vacancies. For complete List of posts, applicants are advised to Download the official PDF as given below.
SSC CGL 2016 Vacancy : Tentative List
- Assistant Audit Officer Group B: 1000
- Auditor: 200
- Assistant Section Officer: 112
- Assistant: 20
- Inspector of Income Tax: 324
- Asstt. Enforcement Officer: 78
- Sub Inspectors: 91
- Inspector: 106
- Accountant: 150
- Statical Investigator Gr.-II: 196
- Accountant/Junior Accountant: 1090
- UDC: 160
- Tax Assistant: 659
- Sub-Inspector(Narcotics): 14
Official notice of SSC CGL exam date & Syllabus direct link here.
How Fill SSC CGL 2016 Online Application – Steps with Images – Click here
Staff Selection Commission conducts examinations & selects candidates for vacancies in central govt departments including ministries. Qualifying in these tests shall open up more opportunities for young graduates in government sector.