SSC CGL Recruitment 2017 latest update : The Staff Selection Commission will conduct the SSC CGL exam 2017 for recruiting candidates for various Group B & C posts. SSC will officially release SSC CGL 2017 notification on 11th March 2017. All Details of SSC cgl exam are given below. Also you may check online application steps, study plan material & take practice tests.
Staff selection commission recently declared SSC Exam Calendar including SSC CGL 2017 exam. As per the Exam Calendar details here-
- Announcement of SSC CGL Notification : 11th March, 2017
- Closing Date of SSC CGL Online application: 15th April, 2017
- Date of SSC CGL Tier-1 Exam: 19th June to 2nd July, 2017
Exam of SSC CGL 2017 would be an online computer based test. The exam will be conducted in multiple stages. It is likely to be conducted at about 415 venues in 96 cities throughout the country. About 40 lakh candidates are expected to apply for the SSC CGL 2017 exam. The main points of the statement released by SSC are as follows.
To read the pre-notice of SSC CGL 2017 Exam, click here
Important Dates of SSC CGL Exam 2017
In this section, we will discuss the Important Dates for SSC CGL Exam 2017. The Dates, will be updates, tentatively, as and when the SSC Calendar for 2017-18 will be released, and will be updated exactly when the CGL Notification will be announced.
In the meantime, we are giving a tentative schedule by our selves, on the basis of the previous CGL Exams.
- Date of CGL-2017 Notification: 11th March, 2017
- Tentative Schedule of CGL-2017 Tier-1 Exam Date: 19th June to 2nd July, 2017.
- SSC CGL 2017 Tier-2 Exam Date : 5th to 8th September, 2017.
- SSC CGL 2017 Tier-3 Exam Date : 12th September, 2017.
- SSC CGL Tier-4 Exam Date : December, 2017
What is the Eligibility to appear for SSC CGL-2017 ?
To apply for CGL 2017 exam, you should satisfy the below mentioned eligibility conditions.
- Nationality : Foreigners and NRI cannot apply for CGL Exam, Only Indians can apply. So, you must be an Indian Citizen to apply for CGL-2017 Exam.
- Age-Limit : As there are various posts in SSC CGL Exam, and as such is different age criteria for these posts. While for most of the posts the Criteria is 18 to 27 years. But for few few posts, the Upper age Limit is 28 Or 30 Or 32 years.SSC had informed that it is going to revise the Age Limit for CGL Exams. The Revised Age Limit will be 20 years to 30 years, and this will come into effect from 2017. So, this is an awesome news for all those, who are attaining the age of 28 or more in 2017 and they still can apply for CGL Exam, upto the age of 20 years. However, the relaxations in the age limit, will go, as per the rules already specified.
- Educational Qualifications: Qualification to apply for CGL Exam is Graduation in any Discipline.
For more details on Eligibility Criteria, applicants are advised to Read our post on SSC CGL 2017 Eligibility Criteria.
Important Note: Once the CGL 2017 Notification, will be announced, we will update the post wise Eligibility criteria for CGL Exam on this page. Moreover, if there are any changes regarding eligibility conditions, we will also make them appear on this page.
Selection Process and Scheme of SSC CGL exam Pattern
The selection process for CGL-2017 comprises of Written test (2 Online Objective tests viz Tier-1 and Tier-2) and followed by Descriptive test and Computer Proficiency test (CPT) and Skill test.
SSC CGL Tire 1 Exam Pattern : The exam will consist of the following four sections:
- General Intelligence & Reasoning (25 questions)
- General Awareness (25 questions)
- Quantitative Aptitude (25 questions)
- English Comprehension (25 questions)
- This year, the commission has introduced a Descriptive Paper of English/Hindi as Tier – III. The
- candidates will have the option to choose any one medium.
Tier-II Exam Pattern of the SSC CGL 2017
Exam will be Same as published in the first notice of the Examination: These are Objective Type Multiple Choice.
- Paper-I & II are compulsory for all the categories of posts.
- Paper-III is only for those candidates who apply for the post of Statistical Investigator Gr.II & Compiler.
- Paper IV is only for those candidates who apply for the post of Assistant Audit Officer.
Note: There will be penalty of 0.50 marks for every wrong answer.
Tier: III Exam Pattern : Mode of examination: Pen and Paper mode
This year, the commission has introduced a Descriptive Paper of English/Hindi as Tier – III. The candidates will have the option to choose any one medium.
Negative marking: There will be negative marking of 0.50 for each wrong answer in Tier-I.
In Tier-II, there will be negative marking of 0.25 marks in Paper-II and 0.50 marks in Paper-I and Paper-III for each wrong answer.
Study Plan & Material for SSC CGL – Prepare Tier 1 Exam in 1 Month
How to Apply SSC CGL 2017?
This is serious and this is the most important to Know the Dates for submitting the online Application.
It is too early to comment, when the Online Registration, will start for CGL-2017 Exam. It is only after the announcement of SSC CGL 2017 Notification, that, we should know the Online Registration Dates, but SSC will give you ample time to apply for the exam.
Normally, the Registration Links, remain open for at least 30 days.
In 2017, the Online Registration for CGL Exam, will start from 11th March onwards and the Last date to apply online is 15th April, 2017.
Online Application : To accommodate, huge rush of aspirants applying for CGL Exam, SSC had provided 2 websites for submitting the online application. You can submit your CGL application at any of these 2 websites
Once the registration dates are announced, we will share the Direct Link on this page for submitting the SSC CGL 2017 Online Application.
While Filling the Online Application form keep note of
- You need to complete Part-1 and Part-2 of Registration to get your CGL Form accepted.
- Before applying online, you should have Scanned copy of Photograph and Signature of specified size
- You should also keep your Academic Details, ready with you, as these need to be entered in the online application form.
Application Fees: SSC charges only Rs 100 as application fees. Application fees can be paid either through online mode (Credit /Debit Card / Net Banking ) OR can be paid through challan in any SBI branch. Moreover, there is No fee for Female candidates and applicants belonging to reserved categories.
COMBINED GRADUATE LEVEL EXAMINATION, 2016
The Combined Graduate Level Examination, 2016 (Tier-III) which was earlier tentatively scheduled to be held on 5th March, 2017 will now be held on 19th March, 2017.
Official notice of SSC CGL exam date & Syllabus direct link here.
How Fill SSC CGL 2016 Online Application – Steps with Images – Click here
Staff Selection Commission conducts examinations & selects candidates for vacancies in central govt departments including ministries. Qualifying in these tests shall open up more opportunities for young graduates in government sector.