Staff Selection Commission has released the SSC CGL 2017 Recruitment Notification. SSC CGL Tier I exam will take place from 1st August 2017 to 20th August 2017 in different slots. The SSC had first given notification in official website ssc.nic.in . Read this article, to know more about SSC CGL 2017 Recruitment. Those who missed the SSC CGL 2016 Exam, here is another chance knocking at your doorstep to shape your career.
This Exclusive article is specially for those, who missed the CGL-2016 Exam, and are looking for Details of CGL-2017 Exam. Download Link and Detailed PDF notification is given at the end of the page.
Important note – The Exam Pattern has been modified by Staff Selection Commission. The Duration of Tier I Exam has been changed from 75 minutes to 60 minutes!
Posts: Assistant, Auditor, Assistant Audit Officer, Assistant Accounts Officer, Assistant Section Officer, Inspector of Income Tax, Inspector (Central Excise), Sub Inspector (CBI) & more posts.
Location: All India
Last date: 16 June 2017.
Age limit: 16 to 32 years.
Salary with Pay Band – Rs.9300-34800 (pre-revised)
Official Website: ssc.nic.in
Some of the major changes in the SSC CGL 2017 are
1. Time Duration is Tier-1 Exam is reduced from 75 minutes to 60 minutes only (100 Questions / 200 Marks)
2. Upper Age Limit for various posts have been increased by 3 years ie upto 30 years, for some of the Departments Like (CSS, IB, Railway, MEA, AFHQ, ITI etc)
3. For the First time, CGL posts are grouped into various categories viz Group A, B, C and D
4. Some New posts have been introduced for the first time in SSC CGL 2017. These posts are Assistant Accounts Officer, Assistants in Serious Fraud Investigation Office and Some other Ministries.
5. Cut off Date for Determining the Age Limit and Eductaion Qualification is 1st August, 2017.
6. Post Preference is required to filled at the time of submitting the CGL Online form, but you will be asked to fill the preference 2nd time during Document Verification and only at this time, it will be considered as Final
Vacancy details of SSC CGL 2017 exam:-
Total Vacancy: Vacancies not mentioned in the Official Notification. To be updated soon.
Important Dates of SSC CGL 2017 recruitment
|Starting Date of Online Application||16th May 2017|
|Last Date of Online Application||16th June 2017|
|Tier 1 Exam||1st August 2017 to 20th August 2017|
|Tier 2 Exam (Tentative Dates)||10th & 11th November 2017|
|Tier 3 Exam (Tentative Date)||21st January 2018|
|Tier 4 Exam (Tentative Date)||February 2018|
SSC CGL 2017 Recruitment – Eligibility Criteria
(A) Compiler – You should complete your graduation in Economics/Statistics/Mathematics as a compulsory or Elective subject.
(B) Statistical Investigator Grade – II – You should have Bachelor’s Degree in any subject from a recognised University with at least 60% marks in Mathematics at 12th standard level
Bachelor’s Degree in any subject with Statistics as one of the subjects at degree level.
(C) All other Posts – Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University.
SSC CGL 2017 Age Limit:
|Statistical Investigator Grade II||Maxi. 32 years|
|Assistant in CSS||20 – 30 years|
|Assistant in IB||21 – 30 years|
|Assistant Enforcement Officer / SI in CBI / SI in NIA||30 years|
|SI in Central Bureau of Narcotics||20 – 30 years|
|All Other posts||18 – 27 years|
SSC CGL 2017 Age Relaxation: 5 years for SC/ST, 3 years for OBC, 10 years for Physically
Handicapped (PH), 13 years for PH + OBC & 15 years for PH + SC/ST category.
What is the Eligibility to appear for SSC CGL-2017 ?
To apply for CGL 2017 exam, you should satisfy the below mentioned eligibility conditions.
- Nationality : Foreigners and NRI cannot apply for CGL Exam, Only Indians can apply. So, you must be an Indian Citizen to apply for CGL-2017 Exam.
- Educational Qualifications: Qualification to apply for CGL Exam is Graduation in any Discipline.
For more details on Eligibility Criteria, applicants are advised to Read our post on SSC CGL 2017 Eligibility Criteria.
Selection Process and Scheme of SSC CGL exam Pattern
SSC CGL 2017 Exam Pattern & Selection Procedure
The SSC CGL Exam pattern consists of 4 Stages as mentioned below:
Stage 1: SSC CGL Tier-1
→ It is a computer based online test of 200 marks in 60 minutes of time duration.
(For VH &
SSC CGL 2017 exam : Official notification
Tier-II Exam Pattern of the SSC CGL 2017
Exam will be Same as published in the first notice of the Examination: These are Objective Type Multiple Choice.
- Paper-I & II are compulsory for all the categories of posts.
- Paper-III is only for those candidates who apply for the post of Statistical Investigator Gr.II & Compiler.
- Paper IV is only for those candidates who apply for the post of Assistant Audit Officer.
Note: There will be penalty of 0.50 marks for every wrong answer.
Tier: III Exam Pattern : Mode of examination: Pen and Paper mode
This year, the commission has introduced a Descriptive Paper of English/Hindi as Tier – III. The candidates will have the option to choose any one medium.
Negative marking: There will be negative marking of 0.50 for each wrong answer in Tier-I.
In Tier-II, there will be negative marking of 0.25 marks in Paper-II and 0.50 marks in Paper-I and Paper-III for each wrong answer.
How to Apply SSC CGL 2017?
This is serious and this is the most important to Know the Dates for submitting the online Application.
It is too early to comment, when the Online Registration, will start for CGL-2017 Exam. It is only after the announcement of SSC CGL 2017 Notification, that, we should know the Online Registration Dates, but SSC will give you ample time to apply for the exam.
Normally, the Registration Links, remain open for at least 30 days.
In 2017, the Online Registration for CGL Exam, will start from 11th March onwards and the Last date to apply online is 15th April, 2017.
Online Application : To accommodate, huge rush of aspirants applying for CGL Exam, SSC had provided 2 websites for submitting the online application. You can submit your CGL application at website www.ssconline.nic.in/
Once the registration dates are announced, we will share the Direct Link on this page for submitting the SSC CGL 2017 Online Application.
While Filling the Online Application form keep note of
- You need to complete Part-1 and Part-2 of Registration to get your CGL Form accepted.
- Before applying online, you should have Scanned copy of Photograph and Signature of specified size
- You should also keep your Academic Details, ready with you, as these need to be entered in the online application form.
Application Fees: SSC charges only Rs 100 as application fees. Application fees can be paid either through online mode (Credit /Debit Card / Net Banking ) OR can be paid through challan in any SBI branch. Moreover, there is No fee for Female candidates and applicants belonging to reserved categories.
SSC CGL 2017 exam : Official notification
How Fill SSC CGL 2017 Online Application – Steps with Images – Click here
SSC CGL Salary Structure 2017 – Pay Scale, Allowances & Other Benefits
SSC CGL Exam Pattern 2017 – Detailed Exam Syllabus and Pattern
Daily Govt. Job alert on Whatsapp – Click here.