SBI PO Exam Pattern Changed, Check out paper pattern 2016
SBI PO exam pattern changed : SBI has released notification of of 2428 PO vacancies/ recruitment, big changes in SBI PO exam structure have been introduced silently for Mains exam. SBI PO exam pattern changed with tests for 3 hours & time limit on every section of main exam.
As per the notification of SBI, the selection of candidates will be on basis of written exam. It would be conducted in 3 parts – preliminary exam, mains exam, Group Discussion & Interview. Those candidates, who will clear both the written tests and other interview rounds, will be appointed in various SBI branches.
SBI PO Exam Pattern
SBI has a huge task of filtering the right candidates from a large talent pool. So exam will be similar to UPSC (civil services) that included – Preliminary, Main exams & Interview.
Candidates who are going for SBI PO Exam should know the exam pattern and question paper pattern of examination. So we are here to introduce them with exam pattern and syllabus of SBI PO Examination.
Phase 1: SBI PO Preliminary Exam
- The SBI PO Preliminary examination will be conducted online.
- All objective type questions of total 100 marks.
- exam will be of 1 hour duration and will include 3 sections as follows:
- English Language: The candidates need to answer 30 questions
- Quantitative Aptitude: 35 questions
- Reasoning Ability: 35 questions.
- After securing passing marks, candidates will be selected for the second phase of examination.
Phase 2: SBI PO Main Exam (Changed)
The Main examination will also be conducted online. The SBI PO Mains exam will be held in the following structure:
- Objective Tests for 200 marks
- Fixed time limit for each section
The duration of objective tests has been increased to 3 hours & will consist of 4 sections for a total of 200 marks.
The Descriptive Test will be of 30 minutes duration and will have questions of total 50 marks. In this, the candidates will be tested on English Language (Letter Writing & Essay), that should also be answered on computer only.
Phase 3: Group Discussion & Personal Discussion: –
Candidates who qualify phase-II will get chance to participate in phase-III.
- Group Discussion: – 20 marks.
- Personal Interview: – 30 marks.
- Candidates who qualify in Phase-III will finally get selected for job.
Important Note – For every wrong answer, one-fourth of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted.
For more information, candidate are requested to visit the official website.
Click here : SBI PO Recruitment 2016 Complete information here
Important Dates of SBI PO recruitment 2016:
- Last date of online registration for SBI PO post: 24th May 2016.
- Date of deposit application fee through online: 4th May to 24th May 2016.
- Examination date of SBI PO Exam 2016: 2, 3, 9, 10 July 2016.
- Download Pre-Exam Training (PET) Admit card (SC/ST/ Minority): 13th June 2016.
- Pre-Examination Training (for SC/ST/ Minority Community) :20th to 25th June 2016
- Download Pre-Exam Call letter from: 14th June 2016.
- Online Preliminary Exam Date: 2, 3 & 9. 10 June 2016.
- Result of Online Pre Exam: 18th July 2016.
- Main Exam Admit card Available from 21st July 2016.
- Online Main Examination Date: 31st July 2016.
- Result of Online Main Examination: 16th August 2016.
- Download of Call letter for GD & Interview: 22nd August 2016.
- Conduct of GD & Interview: 1st September 2016.
- Final Selection List declares: 30th September 2016.