SBI PO Mains 2016 Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Safe Attempts & Tips
How to prepare for SBI PO main exam: here is SBI PO Mains 2016 Syllabus, Exam Pattern, Safe Attempts & Tips : After SBI PO prelims exam, the journey towards an officer job in State bank of India has only reached half way. Now countdown started to phase II main exam in SBI PO recruitment 2016. Here we explain on how to prepare for SBI PO main exams with the SBI PO main exam pattern, syllabus & available books.
According to candidates`s SBI PO prelims exam review, difficulty level of exam was slightly higher than previous years. Questions involved lot of calculations consuming lot of time. We expect safe number of attempts qualify in SBI PO prelims around 46 – 52.
SBI PO prelims results shall be released on July 18 & all only those candidates who score above the specified cutoffs would get shortlisted for SBI PO mains.
SBI PO Main Exam on July 31 – See SBI PO Main Pattern & Syllabus
SBI PO main exam pattern is changed from year 2016.
Some important points you need to note are:
- Negative marking: marks of 0.25 will be reduced for each wrong answer in objective test
- Descriptive test should also be answered online, on the same day immediately after completing the objective papers
- Objective paper is for 3 hours & total marks are 200 for 155 questions.
Continue after advt…..
Time Limit for each section: According to the revised pattern, there is a time limit for each section within which the questions should be answered.
With the duration set for that specific paper is over, the system will automatically proceed to the next section.
Order of papers: The exact order is not known since this being the 1st time. But in SBI clerk mains, the following sequence was followed:
- General awareness > English language > Reasoning > Maths
Cutoff to Score in SBI PO Mains
Candidates should pass in each objective test paper by securing the necessary sectional & total cutoffs for qualify in SBI PO mains. Similarly, descriptive test will also carry a separate cutoff.
Total score in both tests would be taken into account in preparing the merit list for GD/ interviews.
The previous year (SBI PO 2015) cutoffs on total score were 124.25 (GEN), 110.75 (OBC), 89 (SC) & 79 (ST).
With new pattern of SBI PO 2016, we can expect few changes in the qualifying marks.
Aim for 90+ attempts: There will be total 155 questions. Aim to correctly attend at-least 90+ questions with 100% accuracy to stay. It will be safe zone.
How to Prepare in 19 Days?
As per SBI PO main exams scheduled, exam to happen on July 31, there are only 19 days remaining to get prepared. At this time a common study plan for SBI PO main exams won’t help as the time is less & each person will prefer to study at their own pace during these days.
Steps to Follow: Within short duration, we are giving some steps that you can follow to maximize the preparations.
- The two easy-to-score papers are: General awareness, Marketing, Computers & General Awareness. Start by preparing them first.
- Look at your preliminary test scores & find which sections you need to improve.
- Don’t think of revising them on the last day. Practice questions from those sections everyday for at-least an hour.
- Reasoning section carries the maximum duration of 60 minutes. So questions could be of higher level which means you need to allot more time in practicing different types of reasoning problems.
Preparing for Descriptive Test:
This 1 hour test shall have Letter writing & Essay question only.It carries 50 marks & you need to qualify in this test separately as well.
Since descriptive test should be attended only on computer, follow these methods to practice.
1) Open a MS-Word document & start writing letters to make yourselves comfortable in typing.
2) For essay writing, read an article from newspapers or online news websites & try typing them in your own words.