IBPS RRB 2016 Exam Notification Out : 16500 Jobs in 56 Regional Rural Banks
IBPS RRB Recruitment 2016:- Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) has relies a notification about Regional Rural Banks (RRB) common written exam 2016. IBPS RRB`s are mainly present in rural areas & provides banking facilities to people in those areas. Same as a common exam for PO & Clerks in commercial banks, IBPS RRB Banks 2016 notification has been announced for jobs in rural banks.
This recruitment process is called IBPS RRB CWE V. This is the 5th year of recruitment in regional rural banks.
For current IBPS RRB recruitment 2016, 56 RRB`s are participating. Those qualifying in this test are appointed as an Officer (Scale I, II, III) or Office assistant positions in any of regional rural bank.
Registrations of applications – September 14 to 30, 2016
Online written exam scheduled on:
- Preliminary test on November 5, 6 (Officer –scale I) 12, 13 & 19 (Office assistant)
- Mains on December 11 (Officers – scale I,II,III) & 18 (Office assistant)
Final appointment to be completed in February 2017
Posts & Vacancies:-
Through IBPS RRB 2016, the following positions will be filled:
- Office Assistant (clerical cadre) – 8824 posts
- Officer (scale I) – 5539
- General Banking Officer (scale II) – 1533
- Agriculture Officer (scale II) – 152
- Marketing Officer (scale II) – 75
- Treasury Manager (scale II) – 19
- Law Officer (scale II) – 55
- Chartered Accountant (scale II) – 35
- IT Officer (scale II) – 130
- Officer (scale III) – 198
…Continue after Advt. ⇓
All the above openings are spread across 56 regional rural banks. See notification for bank-wise vacancies.
What is the IBPS RRB Eligibility?
Inorder to apply for IBPS RRB Exam 2016, you must satisfy the following conditions,
- Should have completed degree (any discipline) from a recognized university as on September 30, 2016.
- Must possess proficiency in local language of the state where RRB is located.
- Passed in local language at std. 8th or above
The official language of each state is clearly specified in the notification itself. If you are not proficient in that language, you cannot apply for jobs in that particular state.
Age limit: – It is compulsory that candidates should fulfill the age conditions, as on Sep 1, 2016:
- Office assistant: between 18 – 28 years
- Scale I officer: above 18 & below 30 years
- Scale II officer: above 21 & below 32 years
- Scale III officer: above 21 & below 40 years
While the above are only for general category, relaxation applies for others. (max. age +3 yrs for OBC, +5 yrs for SC/ST).
IBPS RRB Selection Process:-
The IBPS RRB exam 2016 pattern shall have two tier exams – Preliminary & Main examinations that have objective type questions for a total of 200 marks.
Qualifiers of the main exam will be shortlisted for a common interview process after which allotments in RRBs will happen based on the final merit list.
There are no interviews for office assistants. They are directly appointed on the basis of their main exam scores.
Based on your exam & common interview performance, IBPS shall award scores that are valid for 1 year. Depending on these scores & your RRB preferences, IBPS will automatically allot you to a bank.
This means candidates applying for Officers (scale I, II & III) need not attend interviews for each & every regional bank in your state.
By February 2017, all qualified candidates would get final allotments in any of their preferred regional rural banks.
The application fees are fixed at Rs. 100 (SC/ST) or Rs. 600 (others) with the following options of payment,
- Online: (from Sep 14 – 30): Visit ibps.in & click on the ‘RRB online application’ to fill the necessary details. After submitting the form, you would be directed to the online fee payment gateway.
- Pay the appropriate fee amount using net banking/credit or debit cards
- After the transaction is complete, print the generated e-receipt
If application submission is successful, a registration number & password would be shown that has to be noted.
About IBPS Recruitment
Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) is an autonomous agency in India, which started its operation in 1975 as Personnel Selection Services (PSS). In 1984, IBPS became an independent entity at the behest of Reserve Bank of India (RBI) and Public Sector Banks. IBPS is envisioned as self-governed academic and research oriented Institute, with a mission of enhancing human-resource development through personnel assessment.
Subscribe Sarkari Job News and get Job alerts and updates.
Don’t forget to “activate” link sent to your inbox (updates).